Skip to main content

The Inaugural Post of a Would Be Polymath


 So much bullshit going on in the world. In this country.

A free press that's turned into a tabloid press - William Randolph Hearst would be so proud. A president who literally think he's a god and builds monuments to his own ego. Can you say Ozymandias I knew you could.

Everyone wants to bomb the shit out of Israel who's been bombing the shit out of them. And Israel is the one crying "FOUL"! Excuse me if I don't cry for you, Argentina.
As Jim Morrison once famously said, "I wanna get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames."
The crazier this place gets, the more nuclear Armageddon is a very certain, foregone conclusion. God won't send a Messiah to do the job; we'll do it to ourselves.
And the Messiah? S/He'll be the one doing the mop up at the end of it all. The ones left will be the ones in hell, all suffused with an incandescent glow of nuclear effervescence. And an expanded life expectancy that will seem like forever.
My luck? I'll be one of them.
Ah, the bitter cynicism of so long life.
No more books, no more history, no more as it all fades away and we truly become the Eloi from H. G. Wells' "Time Machine".
Sometimes I think our fiction has just been passing as such but was actually a vision of our future.
That'll keep you up at night, won't it.

Comments